Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Back from Paris!

Paris is such a visual treat - but all of your senses are engaged when you relax into the experience.   The food choices are amazing from traditional French to ethnic choices from around the world.  The egg flan from our local boulangerie will be on my hips for months!  Listening to the French language with its distinctive cadence is a real pleasure.  I understood bits and pieces of conversations but preferred to hear the beauty of the sounds as conversational music. My olfactories were engaged in a less than pleasant way on the Metro but that was balanced with delicious food smells from the sidewalk cafes.  There was an incredible scarf store on our street and we touched every silk, cotton and exquisite wool scarf they had.  And finally, though not a real sense we were PETRIFIED at the top of the Roue de Paris pictured here.  It seemed like a great idea to see Paris from the top of this ferris wheel- until we were stopped at the top and the wind made the car swing precariously.  My goddaughter Jennifer and I were laughing, screaming and holding on for dear life. When we finally calmed down and the car stopped rocking we got some great pictures of the city laid out below us. 
For me, the best part of a juorney is coming home to the beautiful place I've created for myself with my cats, my wonderful friends, my sweetheart Greg, my house and garden.  I appreciate each part of my life so much more and am happy to return to it.  Can't wait to get in my studio and let my new ideas and inspirations take form.  I do miss that flan though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment