Tuesday, July 31, 2012
I had a lot of fabric scraps left from other projects- some marbled fabric and pleated pieces with acrylic paint. So I made a bunch of ATC (Artist Trading Cards) backgrounds to use up the bits and pieces. By adding the pleated scraps to black cards and covering others with the chartreuse and orange marbled fabric, I ended up with a nice collection of cards with intense colors schemes. I had been perusing some old books for another project and was intrigued by some of the vintage animal drawings. The zebra seemed perfect for the strong black background and with the limited space on the ATC (2.5" by 3.5") I decided to just draw the head. Then somehow, the pink and yellow got in and the final result was a colorful zebra with a green border. That was so much fun it turned into a series of animal heads. All were drawn on cardstock with Micron felt tips and colored with Prismacolor pencils then cut out and glued to the backgrounds.