Friday, March 16, 2012

Out of the Chaos #2





So, all of the faux postage is done! There are several different sizes to use in my art journals, ATCs and art quilts. I get my blank postage sheets from 100 Proof Press- they have great templates to match the various sizes too. For the backgrounds on these pieces I used paint chips, wrapping paper and fabric and paper scraps. Focal designs include tiny tags and brads, old book images, copies of my doodles and feathers. This is a great way to use up tiny snippets of great paper and trim you hate to throw away. One whole sheet was cut from a Van Gogh calendar my sister-in-law got in France- thanks Mary Lynn! My next step is to match faux postage with the stacks of ATC bsckgrounds I've started.

1 comment:

  1. I love your artwork, it is so colorful and bright.Can I ask what kind of adhesives you use? I am in search of a good one that doesn't leave the papers wet.

    ReplyDelete