Monday, June 8, 2009

Scrappy Backgrounds

I'm continuing to clean up the pile of paper scraps on my desk. All of these background sheets are 8.5" x 11". For the base, I used pieces of ugly cardstock since they are completely covered. I weeded thru the stash and made piles of related colors. Next, I arranged the pieces, cutting and tearing as needed. My goal was to produce interesting backgrounds for collage and ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). Each piece needed to be balanced and able to stand alone in it's entirety plus have enough interest all over to still look good if it was cut apart. Everything was glued with a glue stick. I ended up cutting all of these into ATC size- 2.5" x 3.5". There was a little waste with each one which I saved for faux postage. I think they will all be mounted to fabric colored boards and reassembled in the order they were cut. I'm still working on that idea so stay tuned.

This is a great way to use the beautiful paper scraps you accumulate and create beautiful, unique backgrounds. Great relaxation too! I usually make 8-10 at a time so I have them in reserve for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment